January 13, 2015
Vancouver Island Fishing
Trailhead Resort & Charters is a fishing lodge offering full package fishing trips on the west coast of Vancouver Island, BC. Over the past 20 years we have built our resort, raised our family and gained valuable experience sports fishing for halibut and salmon. We live in a beautiful, exciting corner of the world and have created many great memories on various exploring adventures on the ocean, beaches and forests in our home. We invite friends, new and old to share this wonderful place with us. Read more….. Watch a video "Just Go Fishing" ….
Over the years we have helped many guest plan their fishing trips and heard about the successful and the troublesome holidays. Here are a few tips.
1. Compare Lodges: Is there a guide to get me to the best fishing holes? Do I have to fish and travel on the same day? Are the fish limits the same in all areas? Read more…..
2. Have your buddies pay for their own deposit so they won’t change their minds. If something prevents them from joining the trip they can help find a substitute. Booking Policies….
3. Use Goggle Map to help plan the best travel route and ferry services available. Getting Here……
4. Pack light but make sure to bring all the essentials. Downloadable Trip Planner in the footer. Make sure you have enough room in your vehicle to add the coolers of fish on your way home.
5. Plan how to get your catch home. Check your frozen, vacuum packed fish, in an airline accepted cooler, as your luggage. Care of your catch…..
Do you have more questions? You may find some answers here…….
Have you always dreamed of reeling in a big salmon? Would you love to go halibut fishing? Would you love to fill your freezer with delicious, healthy fish to try out new recipes with? Do you have a shortage of fishing buddies? Here is a blog with suggestions for Finding Fishing Buddies.
Every year Trailhead Resort gives away 2 free fishing trips to our guests that bring in the biggest Salmon and largest Halibut in our Big Fish Challenge. Have a look at the past year's winners. Remember you can’t win the contest if you don’t book a fishing package with us.
We followed the expression “If you build it they will come” but when we built Trailhead Resort we never expected the best part of all, so many great friends we would make and all the wonderful people we would meet. We are very thankful to all our guests that have returned year after year, bringing along newbies, neighbours and nephews, not only for making our lifestyle possible but for becoming a major part in all our lives. Read some of our Guest Reviews ... More reviews in Trip Advisor...
July 14, 2014
Halibut Fishing Video
July 5, 2014
Botanical Beach Tide Pools
Famous for the amazing tide pools and spectacular scenery on the south west coast of Vancouver Island. Numerous tide pools were naturally formed on a sand stone shelf at the water’s edge. When the tide is low you can view all the sea creatures that live below the ocean in the pools of water that remain. You can easily spend 2 to 3 hours checking out this beautiful circle route from Botanical Beach to Botany Bay.
Link to tide chart for best visiting times: http://www.waterlevels.gc.ca/eng/station?sid=8525